Saturday, January 3, 2015

A Tribute to My Dad

A Tribute to My Dad

By Isaiah Henderson

My dad was an honorable person. He loved me and my brother very much and would do anything for us. I loved him very much. To me his death does not make sense at all. When we arrived at his apartment, I saw a white body bag by the ambulance and my heart broke into a million little tiny pieces.  
I have but one wish and that wish is that I could have spent more time with him. I replay the night it happened in my mind over and over and over and over again thinking what I could have done to save his life. I keep getting the same answer. Nothing. This haunts me.  

There is one thing my dad taught me that I will never forget. He taught me how to have fun. He was the funniest person I have ever met. He would come to my house and say, “Okay, what do you have to drink?” I would always laugh. 

For those who did not my dad very well, he was a hardcore Christian. He put all of his faith in Lord. Right now he is with God in heaven rejoicing. He would want all of you to move on and rejoice for him, too. My dad was a great example of Christ.  He always was at church and always read the bible.  I know he did not plan on dying. I know this is hard for all of us, but we have to move on.



A Tribute to My Dad

By Alexander Ybarra

My dad meant a lot to me. I can’t remember my life without him because I was still in diapers when we met.  I wanted to be just like my dad. I used to even tell people that he was my biological dad and they believed me. It is easy to be a biological dad. Ken Henderson was my dad sent to me by God. He was always there for me if I needed help with financial situations, school, and anything else.

We used to go to Sea World when I was a little kid. I really wanted to go on this one water slide, but my mom couldn’t do it because of her polio. My dad grabbed a life preserver and took me. He couldn’t swim and was scared of water, but he loved me so much that he did it anyway. We would play racquetball, tennis, and disc golf together.  

My dad and I would have these long talks about God. One day I told him I didn’t understand something in the bible. He told me that God dumbs down His word so that it is more understandable to us. He said that if God shared everything with us without dumbing it down that our heads would explode. That day I told him that God wanted me to be a leader, but that I wasn’t sure. I asked him what he thought about it. He told me he thought I was letting myself be deceived. The next day I went back to helping in the youth. I never told dad, but that conversation really pushed my life in the right direction again.

My dad was trying to bring our family together again.  I got to see him almost every day and things had just started getting back to normal. Dad spent Christmas with us and planned to take me to fix my truck the day after he passed.  He was helping me to find a better job and further my education. Now that he is gone I have no one to help me.  I told my mom that I don’t like to write down my feelings. It is because I don’t know how to say how much I am hurting about losing my dad. This is so hard. I lost my biological father 2 years ago and now I lost my other dad. I can’t imagine what it will be like without my dad to protect and watch over me. I don’t know what to do withou  him. My mom just sits on the couch and cries all the time. My brother acts like everything is okay, but he writes very sad things about missing our dad. I could do that, but I know my dad is having a ball now. He wouldn’t want me to stop living. The truth is that I have never felt so much pain, but if I let myself feel it I know I won’t be able to survive.

When my daddy passed away, I was really mad. I went and punched my truck. I was mad at God even, but just for a second. Then I realized that dad was with God. My dad’s death just makes me want to follow God more so I can be with him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment