Friday, July 25, 2014

Without a Vision


I tend to suffer from bloggerhea when my mind is a clutter-filled mess. Blogging helps me make sense of my prayers and thought life. It helps me sort through all the piles of laundry in the many rooms of my heart, mind, and soul. It helps me discard the loads of dirty laundry and only keep what is starchy clean.

I have a gift that I am able to compartmentalize those things that are worrisome so that I can get essential things done.  Too much to think about! As I started to pray earlier today, God reminded me about what Pastor Champion said on Sunday. In addition to his usual comments about grace and no condemnation, he also talked about needing a vision and a purpose. I agree that if I just wander about each day without a specific vision I am just going to become depressed. What do I do as I wait for God to make the truth clear to me?

I focus on leading my little family. I follow God.  I focus on work. I focus on discipleship in the home. I look for ways to weed secular influence from the lives of my children. I look for what God may be saying to me. I look for his reminders all around me and follow His lead.

I don't have to look at each experience as yet another failure. I can remember Pastor Champion's words;

No condemnation No guilt Jesus came to take our tears away. It is all about the grace. Jesus the door to forgiveness.

There is no reason to come undone. It is well with my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment