Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Why Are We So Poor?


Isaiah asked me today,"Why are we always poor?" I had just gotten off the phone pleading with the Medtronic rep to send my kid diabetic equipment that he needs to keep living. I have paid almost $900 in the last four months not including the $300 I had to give them today. And I STILL have a $600 balance. No joke! This is just for the medical equipment and doesn't include our doctors' copays and cost of medication. This also doesn't include the dozens and dozens of hospital bills and ancillary service bills piled on the table. Lets see diabetes (pancreatic failure), early onset osteoporosis, thyroid failure, recurrent MRSA and today we were told Alex has "thickening" in arteries. I know God has a purpose in all of this, I can see the long term "its all going to be okay." But, just for a little while I really need a break from the stress of my boys' medical bills from the last ten years!

No comments:

Post a Comment